Today’s post comes to you courtesy of the lovely Jen P. You can also find Jen and her fabulous creations at The Urban Spindle.
One of my favorites lately has been our homemade granola bars. Quick, simple, and tasty, these may require a double batch. They always do at our house.
- 1c old-fashioned oats (dry)
- 1c toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2c peanut butter
- 1/2c ground flaxseed
- 1/3c honey
- 1tsp vanilla
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until mixed well. If you want to make them into bars, spread the mixture into a square dish. I use a Pyrex container that’s about 8×10″.
- Let the bars chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- After they’re chilled, you can cut them into small bars and store in a baggie for a quick snack, or just cut them out as you need one. You can also chill the mixture first and then roll the chilled dough into balls.
For a fun twist, you could add raisins, nuts, or chocolate chips. These bars are chewy and filling, and are a big favorite around here. Store them in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!